Loading Events

« All Events

  • This event has passed.

Community Meeting March 2022

March 9, 2022 @ 7:00 pm - 8:30 pm

This community meeting is hosted by the Tenants & Residents Association (TRA) committee aims to celebrate the community which already exists on Kings Crescent and look for ways to develop this further.

It’s a chance for residents to discuss what events and activities we want to have here, meet your neighbours etc.



  Agenda Item Action
1 Welcome, Introductions and apologies


17 Residents

(Non-residents):  Carol Squires (Source Partnership), Sam (Hackney Showroom), Bianca Rembrandt (Hackney Community Safety team)


·        Approve minutes from December 2021

Done – approved by those present with no challenges


Apologies: David, Katy, Christine, Jenn

2 Guest presentation from local resident

Mr Marsh gave presentation on fly tipping on New River and efforts he has made to clean it up.

Suggestion for ‘clean up’ day – local residents in collaboration with local police and Hackney Community Safety team

Bianca happy to organise a day in May.

Mr Marsh left his contact details

All of the blocks in Kings Crescent Estate are named after village in Hertfordshire where the New River originates


3 Residents Group (TRA) Committee Updates

· Change in committee members – Hana left Kathy joined (official vote at next AGM)

· Homework club has changed to youth club on Thursdays

· Plans for youth stuff in general (likely meeting to discuss youth plans on 3rd March – Emley, Jill, Hackney Showroom, youth workers and maybe Kelly from Hackney Resident Participation team – youth lead, will report on outcome of this meeting)

· Held gardening day on Sunday, around 12 people came

· Appeal for volunteers – for youth club, family fun mornings, gardening etc

Suggestions for what to spend funding on.

We can claim money from Hackney Council every year. Emley has done visuals showing what we’re spending money on. Includes:

Andrew’s art project

Ingrid’s film: Inspired by BLM. What happens afterwards. Trailer is finished and nearly ready but has lost actor. Planning to use trailer to use money to make a film. May run a crowdfunder once trailer is ready.

Thinking about how we can weave the message into events we do or activities.


This financial year coming to an end.

Would be great to have input on what to spend the next £3.5k on!



4 Hackney Showroom Update

Update on existing community programme and what is coming up next year:

Will be distributing a new ‘What’s On’ leaflet.

Regular programme:

Tuesday Disco Loco library 4-6. Anybody can drop in and take books out.

Weds am – easy rollers – soft play for babies and toddlers. Can book online.

King’s Feast – quarterly residents event. Next one 19 March.

Can come on your own/ask to be put in a team.


Kings Youth programme. 2 youth workers Darren and Becks out on estate every Thursday. Also spending time in Showroom. Finding out what young people want. Starting to get feedback. Can drop in/play table tennis.

Going to pilot work with age 14 and above. Doing tasters to see what people want then roll things out.

Will start with writing and performing workshops. Young people can write own monologue and learn how to perform. 4-week programme.

Also poet and radio presenter talking about healthy relationships

Friday lunch club including bingo and cooked meal. Open to all!


Also planned is a street party on 4 June.


5 Open Conversation

Azucena suggests taking some children for tennis lessons in the park, possibly for a reduced price. Could hold a weekly tennis club.

You can also rent Callly pool.

Jill says about 32 registered with young group. Agreed good idea to do more sports.

Jill also suggested watersports at West Reservoir up the road

Emley suggested Saturday morning club, rotate the sport

Remi thinks a lot of people would participate in football every week

Jill has contacts through access to sport. Will speak to younger people on estate to find out if they would be interested if we did xyz.

Azacuena suggested drop in where people can express preferences.

Sam suggested discrete 4-week blocks of activities may make less work.

Once we get sense of what people want can do shout out to residents for skills.

Andrew said he’d be willing to help others learn CDF application process so they can research cost and means work is more shared

Emley wondering whether can do one application for all of the activities.

6 Update from Source Partnership (Carol)

Hiccough in the process, developer wants to review pricing. Materials going up in price so want to protect themselves. This means Hackney council have to go back to other bidder.

Start date much more likely to be August/Autumn.

Good news is they’ve agreed on s20 notice that 1 April date in relation to clawback will remain.

Developer will bring additional community development funding.

Good idea to have business plan for 3-4 years of what we’d like them to invest in  during 1st, 2nd, year. SP skilled at doing this and can help.

Last week residents went to look at comparable community centres. This has thrown up issues about how new centre will be managed. SP can help with our business plan.

Carol has knowledge of TRA development, upscaling over time. Carol wrote paper on this which she can share.

Jill suggested her and SP revisiting tenant management training


7 Any other business

Dates of next meetings & close

Party on 19 March

Sat 26 March  family fun (last Saturday of the month)

Autism awareness event 4 April

1st Tues every month – TRA coffee hour 2-3pm

Next ETRA  for discussing estate related issues with Hackney Council staff is at the ETRA meeting 20 April 2022.

4 June street party

Next community meeting 8 June

Let us know if you have any ideas!



  • Guest presentation from local resident ‘River Path Walk – history and environmental concerns’
  • Updates from the TRA committee
  • Updates from Hackney Showroom & Source Partnership
  • An opportunity to share your opinion and ideas

Please note these community focused meetings take place in March, June, September and December each year.

There are separate meetings to discuss estate related issues (with Hackney representatives attending) in January, April, July, October.


Tuesday 09 March 2022 7pm-8pm (plus social time after)

Hackney Showroom Space, 4 Murrain Road, N4 2BN


Agenda Item Suggested


1 Welcome, Introductions and apologies

·        Approve minutes from December 2021


5 mins  


2 Guest presentation from local resident

·        River Path Walk – history and environmental concerns

·        Suggestion for ‘clean up’ day – local residents in collaboration with local police and Hackney Community Safety team


10 mins

(5 mins)


Mr B Marsh

Bianca Rembrandt (LBH)

3 Residents Group (TRA) Committee Updates

·        Planed events & activities

·        Suggestions for what to spend funding on

10 mins  


4 Hackney Showroom Update

·        Update on existing community programme and what is coming up next year

10 mins Sam
5 Open Conversation

·        Opportunity for residents to share ideas and suggestions for community building activities and events on Kings Crescent.

(Conversations can be continued informally after the meeting closes)

10 mins Residents
6 Update from Source Partnership 5mins Carol


7 Any other business

Dates of next meetings & close


5 mins




The space will be open for 30 minutes after the meeting to chat to neighbours and continue conversations started during the meeting

Additional information:

Please follow and like us:


March 9, 2022
7:00 pm - 8:30 pm
Event Category:
Event Tags:
, , , , ,


KC TRA Committee
View Organiser Website


Hackney Showroom Space
4 Murrain Road
London, N4 2BN United Kingdom
+ Google Map