This page provides information on key contacts at Hackney if you have any issues to report, as well as giving updates about the next phase of regeneration.
There are various Hackney departments involved in the management of Kings Crescent.
- Housing repairs are reported either by webchat or by phone whether urgent or non-urgent:
- webchat service available Mon-Fri 09:00-16:30. You can access this service via Hackney’s website (https://hackney.gov.uk/) by clicking the “Chat with Us” button in the bottom right corner.
- Housing repairs telephone number: 020 8356 3691
- Community Safety: https://hackney.gov.uk/crime-and-safety
- Estate or block cleaning queries: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Grounds maintainance: email@example.com
- For matters regarding the overall management of the estate including estate inspections, complaints, investigations, low level antisocial behaviour: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Complaints: email@example.com
- Service charges and all leasehold related queries: firstname.lastname@example.org
There will be quarterly ‘Enhanced’ TRA meetings, which are are attended by Hackney representatives and are a place for residents to discuss estate concerns. These ETRA meetings happen in October, January, May and August.
To see dates of upcoming meetings and what was discussed in previous ETRA and other meetings you can find the minutes posted in the relevant event page.
Kings Crescent is in the middle of a massive regneration. The Northside older blocks were refurbished and new blocks were completed in 2017 and we are now heading into phases 3 & 4.
The Southside blocks are due to be refurbished with new entrances, balconies etc, plus there will be another phase of building new blocks and a central communal space. The Southside blocks include Bramfield, Therfield, Datchworth and Weston Courts. You can see the latest updates here: https://kingscrescent.org/2020/06/22/regeneration-update-june-2020/
You can also join the ‘Kings Crescent Estate regeneration’ Facebook group to see updates from Hackney and Source Partnership.
Projected timeline for refurbishment of Southside blocks and building of new blocks:
- Sign-off of the contract should happen in July 2021 after the tender process and the negotiation
- The refurbishment works to the Southside blocks should start early 2022 and complete early 2023
- Entire project including the next new builds should be complete by Summer 2024
Please be aware this is a rough projection and timelines can slip! The photos below show an outline of the plans.
Above images are the architect’s designs for what Kings Crescent will look like after phases 3 & 4 are complete
- Computer generated future view from the top of Murrain Road (between Bramfield & Rushden Courts) looking down the play street towards Clissold Park
- Artist impression of the proposed Public Square from the Play Street with Theobalds Court in the background
- Computer generated future view into Kings Crescent from Clissold Park entrance opposite Sainsburys
- Artists impression of the completed work to Kings Crescent, birds-eye view of all of the blocks, refurbishment to Southside blocks and new public realm green spaces
- Model of phases 3&4, view from Queens Drive with new buildings in white
- Model of phases 3&4, view from Brownswood Road with new buildings in white
For further information on the proposed designs see:
Hackney’s Website: https://hackney.gov.uk/kings-crescent-estate
Architects website: http://karakusevic-carson.com/work/kings-crescent-estate-masterplan
You can also read the minutes of the Resident Steering Group (RSG) meetings posted within the events pages on this website