Kings Crescent TRA
Hello and welcome!!
In March 2019 a new residents group formed on Kings Crescent with a committee comprising of residents from both the new and older parts of the estate. We worked hard alongside the Hackney’s Resident Participation Team, supported by Source Partnership and became an official ‘Tenants & Residents Association’ (TRA) in September 2019.
Our current TRA committee of 15 residents still represents both parts of the estate and a comprises of a range of ages, occupations, skills etc.
Together we are aiming to create opportunities to re-build a sense of community on Kings Crescent and the surrouding neighbourhood, as well as supporting redidents with any issues they may be having.
Everyone living within Kings Crescent is automatically a member of the TRA, and the committee is elected by the members present at our TRA ‘Annual General Meeting’ (AGM) every year in September. You can find dates and details of all meetings in the events section of this site.
Ways to get involved
Come to Events:
Between the TRA committee and Hackney Showroom (the fabulous cultural organisation based on Kings Crescent), we now have a range of activities and events on offer on Kings Crescent that are a great way to get to know your neighbours and local community
- ‘Kings Feast’ parties happen a few times per year and usually involve 2 hours of disco and fun for kids/families then an adults only event later in the evening involving a community meal and some fun (e.g. quiz night, bingo, games night etc)
- Street Parties often happen in the Summer on our fantastic Play Street (Murrain Road)
- Kids library after school on Tuesdays
- Under 5s disco on Wednesday mornings
- Youth activities on Thursday evenings
- Lunch club for over 60s on Fridays
- Range of wellbeing classes on different days
- Family fun mornings on the last Saturday of the month 10am-1pm
- Kings Crescent Coffee hour on the first Tuesday of the month 2-3pm
The TRA committee manage the allotment area in the central courtyayd (between Barley, Chipping, Redbourn and Therfield Courts) and we have retained a few plots for community use.
We aim to have regular gardening events throughout the year for anyone with an interest in gardening. We have communal seeds and tools for residents to use.
See our gardening page for updates.
To find out what events are coming up see:
- Community focused meetings happen quarterly in March, June, September and December. These bring together the TRA committee, Hackney Showroom and residents to share ideas on activities, events and building community on Kings Crescent.
- ‘Enhanced Tenants & Resident’s Association’ (ETRA) meetings with Hackney representatives present to discuss estate matters happen quarterly in January, April, July and October.
The agenda for and minutes of the meetings are posted into the event page as they become available.
To be notified of upcoming meetings you can join the TRA (e)mailing list. Click here to complete the form
To find out more about who the different people are at meetings see the ‘who’s who’ page on this website
Contact the TRA Committee
We would love to hear from you with your thoughts, suggestions, hopes etc for Kings Crescent and we look forward to meeting you at one of our events!
You can email the committee at: KingsCrescentN4@gmail.com
Or connect with us on Social Media @kingscrescentN4
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/KingsCrescentN4/
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/kingscrescentn4/
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/kingscrescentn4
Please note that the historical information about Kings Crescent that was here previously has moved to the Estate page, where you can find contact information for the various Hackney departments involved in the running of the estate, regeneration plans and more historical information about Kings Crescent and the local area.