Community Safety Update
Bianca Rembrandt is not able to attend the ETRA meeting tomorrow so has kindly provided a written update. The following message from Bianca outlines her Action Plan as well as progress made so far on the specific points.
Deborah Noel from Hackney Housing ASB team will be attending the meeting tomorrow so can answer any further questions there. Alternatively you can contact Bianca for further information (details below).
- Objectives on the action plan are still being progressed with good results as ASB/Crime reports have significantly diminished and I have received reports that residents feel safer on the estate. I believe there was a news article of the work that has been carried out to date on the estate.
- Extending the closure orders was a priority on the action plan and this has now been extended to 19th November 2020.
- CCTV improvement programme has started and new cameras have been put up and improved in key areas on the estate.
- Security of the doors: It was agreed that Gerda panels would be installed to prevent the fire control panel being abused by unwelcome visitors – I believe these panels have not yet been installed and the New Build Team are progressing this.
- Making Kings Crescent Estate a Neighbourhood Watch Scheme
- Set up NW to enhance community safety and protect the reputation of the estate from ASB, crime and disorder and Increase/enhance the reporting of crime
- Put signage up – sending a clear message to unwelcome visitors and inconsiderate residents/neighbours engaged in ASB, crime and disorder that these behaviours will not be tolerated.
- To obtain representation in all the courts/blocks on the whole estate There are five courts still outstanding and Source Partnerships have agreed to assist with recruiting those members.
- Flow of community safety advice and information to residents via membership subscription and newsletter.
Community Safety and Principal Enforcement Officer (Brownswood and Dalston Wards)
Enforcement and Business Regulation ¦ Hackney Borough
London Borough of Hackney
1 Hillman Street
tel: 020 8356 4294
mb: 07855 075074
fax : 020 8356 2241
Report ASB: 0208 356 3310