Loading Events

« All Events

  • This event has passed.

ETRA meeting July

July 8 @ 7:00 pm - 8:30 pm

Kings Crescent ETRA July Meeting Minutes

08 July 2020 7.00-8.30pm

 On Zoom only due to Covid-19 restrictions

 

Chair of meeting: Emley Pine (Chair of TRA Committee)

Attended by 23 residents

 

In attendance: Bianca Rembrandt (BR) Community Safety and Principal Enforcement Officer (Hackney)
Annette Reid Housing Officer (Hackney)
Bronwen Thomas (BT) Project Officer Regeneration (Hackney)
John Morris Consultant at Source Partnership
Clare Potter Councillor Brownswood ward
  Agenda Item  

Action

 

Owner
1 Welcome and Introductions
  Approval of minutes from last ETRA meeting (March 2019)

Sarah H proposes to approve the minutes

Alice seconds

2 Community Safety – Led by Bianca Rembrandt
  Point to cover:

·        Update on actions taken in recent months

·        Outline of community safety action plan for whole estate

·        Address current estate concerns

·        CCTV update

·        Introduce Neighbourhood Watch

Discussion:

·        There has been a closure order at Bramfield Court due to drug dealing issues since 2017, linked to a particular individual. The order is good for 3 months since May 2020 and means that their flat and communal areas in and around the block are “closed”. The resident of the particular flat involved should have also been removed but with the pandemic it could not be done. BR wants to extend the order for a further 3 months once it’s over.

·        BR has a wider plan for the estate which will take place in the next weeks/months. This plan is to tackle issues of drug dealing, prostitution, tailgating to gain access to the buildings on the estate, loitering, rough sleeping etc. She also wants to launch a neighbourhood watch. She is working on the new CCTV project and solving the issue that the fire key holes allow anyone to gain access to the blocks. She also has legal resources to tackle anti-social behaviour towards individuals at fault. She wants to keep the reputation of the estate that it is not somewhere people can come and create trouble. This will include the set-up of a Neighbourhood watch area and further details will be sent to residents on this and how to get involved.

·        There are two DWOs (dedicated ward offices) patrolling the estate. Their patrol is led by reports so residents should continue to report if they want higher patrolling.

Get a timeframe for the solution to the problem of fire key misuse.

 

Send an update letter to all residents about the entire plan for Anti-Social Behaviour and Crime on the Estate.

BR
3 Update on Older Blocks – Led by Annette Reid
  ·        Update on previous concerns re cleaning/repairs

·        This has been solved and the concerned residents have been updated.

·        Update on flood affected flats and when residents due to return

·        All residents affected on the estate are now back into their home.

·        ASB in Bramfield, Theobalds, Datchworth

·        Update from BR has covered this.

4 Update on Newer Blocks – Led by Bronwen Thomas
  ·        Update on progress with ongoing snagging issues

Broken doors:

o   Door handles will be changed, Higgins is still being held responsible for some of those issues. Hackney’s maintenance contractor is looking at finding a long-term solution.

o   There was also a brief discussion on the issue of automatic door closures and the ongoing issue that is for estate members. In particular, it was highlighted that the combination of poor door security with the ASB, potential crime on the estate and mail being solen are related issues which combine to lead to some residents feeling unsafe.

Fire access key misuse:

o   The system will be changed; it has been agreed with the fire brigade.

Smoke vent alarms:

o   Hackney’s maintenance contractor is currently looking at this (rather than Higgins resetting the faulty lights). Hackney is also trying to work out if they were built faulty or not.

Slippery courtyard:

o   Higgins has agreed to clean the courtyards and to reapply the sealant. Higgins will also do individual ground floor properties; these properties will be contacted by Higgins directly.

Heating costs increase – competitive price?

o   No updates but action taken by Hackney

Graffiti in lifts:

o   The maintenance of the lifts is now with Hackney rather than Higgins and the team should be able to do something about this.

Possible CCTV for bike stores:

o   The project has been on hold because of lock down restrictions but Hackney is still investigating the cost for this.

o   Clare Potter mentions that there have been lots of large scale bike thefts in Brownswood so it may be an organised group. BR takes note of this.

o   A resident mentions that the outdoor bike stores at Sandon Court are designed in a way where several locks need to be used to lock the frame and wheels.

o   Questions are raised as to whether garda keys can open the cupboard where the electricity board is?

Pigeons:

o   Hackney will not go ahead with their suggested plan to apply repellent gel as it is too expensive for an estate-wide solution and there was insufficient support from residents.

ASB – drugs and prostitution:

o   Update already covered by BR

Mail theft:

o   Bianca suggests that residents have their post delivered to a collection point when not in to receive the package.

Lifts keep breaking:

o   No update at this point

Kimpton Court address did not register on emergency services system in June 2020

Dogs fouling in courtyards:

o   There are no legal actions that Hackney can take against residents about owning a dog, unless it is a “dangerous dogs.” Residents can exercise their dogs on green shared places but not where there are children’s playing amenities. If anyone is aware of a dog owner not picking after their dog they can contact Hackney who will follow this up with the relevant resident.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Get a letter to be sent to residents explaining how the heating rate is competitive

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Working with emergency services to solve this

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

BT (with Donna)

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

BT, Hackney

5 Timeline for phases 3&4 and Section 20 notice – Led by John Morris
  ·        Projected timeline for refurbishment of Southside blocks and building of new blocks:

·        Sign-off of the contract should happen in March 2021 after the tender process and the negotiation

·        The refurbishment works should start in October 2021 and complete around Oct 2022

·        Entire project including new builds should be complete by Summer 2024 (but timelines can slip)

·        Section 20 notice (only relevant to leaseholders in Southside blocks). Overview of concerns raised and plan for Hackney to address concerns.

·        Anyone who has raised concerns should get an individual response soon. Source will continue to support this group to liaise with Leasehold team.

 

6 Any other business?

Can residents have emails from Hackney rather letters?

 

Check with Hackney

 

BT

7 Dates of next meetings & close

2 September – Community focus meeting (not estate issue meeting) and AGM

Date TBC in October – ETRA

A call was made for anyone interesting in joining the TRA committee next year to get in contact with the TRA.

 

This meeting took place on Zoom as we were unable to meet in person due to Covid-19. Attendees were able to post comments and questions in the chat function during the meeting. Not all additional items were able to be covered in the meeting but points were kindly collated by Alice (TRA treasurer) who was hosting the Zoom meeting.

The following points have been sent to the relevant people at Hackney to address

The points raised on chat on new build areas were:

  • On heating/Insite – this was briefly covered above but there were some additional details on chat, specifically around: it is understood that at the last meeting Donna was going to arrange for a letter to be sent from Hackney explaining the reason for the increase in charges, what Hackney do to ensure good value for money and if we are covered by Ofgem.  A specific question was raised as to whether Insite charges are above the Ofgem cap. Also, given the limited customer service provided by Insite, if a resident thinks an error has been made in the charging, who is the right person/organisation to take that up with?

 

There were some other smaller comments but mainly just additions to items we discussed directly at the meeting but for completeness:

  • thanks for courtyard being sorted
  • lift issues in Sandon
  • any other sources of advice on pigeon proofing?
  • implications when the bike store thefts occur – and wider security concerns
  • requests for service charges and noise in the courtyard to be discussed at future meetings
  • discussion on post issues

V2 25.07.2020 (final version to be approved at next ETRA meeting in October)

 

Previous information:

This meeting took place as scheduled. Minutes were taken by the secretary of the TRA committee and are currenty being reviewed by the committee. A provisional draft of the minutes will be posted here in due course and emailed to those people present. The minutes will be finalised once approved at the next ETRA meeting in October.

Previous information:

This ‘Enhanced Tenants & Residents Association’ (ETRA) ‘meeting is a chance for residents to speak to Hackney representatives about issues on the estate e.g. cleaning, repairs, antisocial behaviour.

This meeting will be hosted on Zoom as we are still not able to meet in person due to Covid-19.

If you would like to attend please email the residents group (TRA) committee on kingscrescentn4@gmail.com and we will send you the link and details.

We are committed to working inclusively, if you have any access requirements please contact us to discuss how we can help.

Agenda:

  Agenda Item Suggested

Timing

 

Lead
1 Welcome and Introductions 5 mins Emley (TRA)
  Approval of minutes from last ETRA meeting (December 2019)

 

2 Community Safety
  ·       Update on actions taken in recent months

·       Outline of community safety action plan for whole estate

·       Address current estate concerns

·       CCTV update

·       Introduce Neighbourhood Watch

25 mins Bianca Rembrandt  Community Safety and Principal Enforcement Officer (Hackney)
3 Update on Older Blocks
  ·       Update on previous concerns re cleaning/repairs

·       Update on flood affected flats and when residents due to return

·       ASB in Bramfield, Theobalds, Datchworth

 

15 mins Annette Reid Housing Officer (Hackney)
4 Update on Newer Blocks
  ·       Update on progress with ongoing snagging issues

o   Broken doors

o   Fire access key misuse

o   Smoke vent alarms

o   Slippery courtyard

o   Heating costs increase – competitive price?

o   Graffiti in lifts

o   Possible CCTV for bike stores

o   Pigeons

o   ASB – drugs and prostitution

·       Address current issues

o   Cycle store by Kimpton broken into again in May 2020

o   Mail theft

o   Lifts keep breaking

o   Kimpton Court address did not register on emergency services system in June 2020

o   Dogs fouling in courtyards

 

25 mins Bronwen Thomas  Project Officer Regeneration (Hackney)

and representative from New Build Team

5 Timeline for phases 3&4 and Section 20 notice
  ·       Projected timeline for refurbishment of Southside blocks and building of new blocks

·       Section 20 notice (only relevant to leaseholders in Southside blocks). Overview of concerns raised and plan for Hackney to address concerns.

 

10 mins John Morris Consultant (Source Partnership)
6 Any other business?

 

5mins Emley (TRA)
7 Dates of next meetings & close

 

5 mins Emley (TRA)

**Please note that this meeting will only deal with estate related issues. We will have another resident meting on 2nd September to discuss building community on Kings Crescent, ideas for events and activities etc. Feel free to email kingscrescentn4@gmail.com with any ideas or suggestions for community building or to find out more about how to get involved!**

Previous infomation:

These meetings are usually attented by Annette Reid, the Estate Manager for the older parts of the estate and a representitive for the newer parts of the estate. Other departments that might be invited, depending on the concerns at the time, include cleaning team, antisocial behaviour team, community safety team, regeneration team etc.

If you have questions or concerns you would like addressed in the meeting please email or call us with the details by Monday 29th June so that we can add your item to the agenda:  email: kingscrescentn4@gmail.com or call 07926568497

Please also ensure you have notified the relevant Hackney department of any estate concerns:

Repairs: RepairsRCC@hackney.gov.uk

Cleaning: cleaner.estates@hackney.gov.uk

Anti-social behaviour: asb.housing@hackney.gov.uk

Copy in:

neighbourhood@hackney.gov.uk for issues in and around older blocks

NewBuild@hackney.gov.uk for issues in and around the newer blocks

Please follow and like us:

Details

Date:
July 8
Time:
7:00 pm - 8:30 pm
Event Category:
Event Tags:
, , ,

Venue

Online

Organiser

KC TRA Committee
Phone:
07926568497
Email:
kingscrescentn4@gmail.com
Website:
https://kingscrescent.org/