Loading Events

« All Events

  • This event has passed.

TRA meeting March

March 10 @ 7:00 pm - 8:30 pm

Kings Crescent TRA Meeting Minutes

Held on 10 March 2020 in Hackney Showroom Space ‘Unit C’

Chair of meeting:  Emley Pine

In attendance:

12 Residents

Annette Reid (AR) – LB Hackney Housing Officer KC
John Morris (JM) – Source Partnership (ITLA)
Clare Potter – Councillor Brownswood ward
Bronwen Thomas – LB Hackney Regeneration Team (Phases 1&2)
Siovhan Crombie – LB Hackney Resident Participation Team
Donna Bryce – New Build and Resident’s safety

 

  Agenda Item Lead Action
1 Welcome and Introductions

Last meeting actions update

Jill propose to accept the minutes, Andrew seconds

 

 

Emley  
2 Estate Issues & Questions (ETRA)    
  Opportunity to ask Hackney about estate issues

In attendance:

·        Bronwen Thomas from Hackney Regeneration Team to discuss ongoing unresolved issues with phase 1&2 e.g. slippery courtyards

·        Donna Bryce New Build Team

·        Annette Reid Housing Officer for Kings Crescent

Siovhan Crombie – Resident Participation Support Officer

Issues discussed:

·        All doors have been looked at by Higgins, the top mechanisms (door closers) have all been replaced. There are still issues in Redbourne, Kimpton & Wallington Court. It is unclear what will be covered by Higgins and what will go through service charges or a different pot of money from the new build team (which is not recharged to residents through service charges).

·        Hackney is working on getting a quote to have CCTV installed in the bike stores. At this point this is just a study. It hasn’t been decided whether or not it will happen.

·        Graffiti in the lifts, Hackney is looking at changing the material so that it cannot be scratched. Andrew ask that Redborne is added on to the list of lifts to be upgraded.

·        Hackney has a new contractor to maintain the HIU.

·        The smoke vent lights coming on: now that the maintenance contract with Higgins is over, Hackney will look into a long-term solution rather than having Higgins just resetting the system every time it trips.

·        All of Kings Crescent buildings now have a document (available on request) that conforms with mortgage provider’s requirement regarding the cladding fire hazard.

·        Regarding the key holes that everybody can open (those keys are easily available): The police suggests that a plastic box is fitted over them but the fire brigade recommends not to. A meeting is organised between Hackney, the police and the fire brigade to find the best solution.

·

Hackney is still in the opinion that Higgins should pay for a long-term solution regarding the paving that is growing mould. They are fighting to say that it is a defect. Hackney will look into trying the have the private terraces dealt with by Higgins as well as the shared area.

·

Pigeon solution. Hackney is waiting for the reply from residents to decide if they will go ahead with the gel. The cost would be £130 per household if it is done estate wide. If it doesn’t go ahead, Hackney will be able to go advice on what product to get. DA stated that there is a product that can be purchased by individuals affected which only costs £20-30. EP asked that this option be given to residents now as the current survey feels very all or nothing.

·        Community safety team is looking into the issues of prostitution, drugs etc. Phase 2 has been approved and will be launched (phase 1 already happened).

·        ASB can be reported to the ASB team (from Hackney), the community safety team (from Hackney) and the Brownswood safe neighbourhood team (police). There is also an app that can be used to help rough-sleepers if that is the concern being reported: streetlink. All ASB should be reported so there is a record of the magnitude of the issue. The police will not intervene instantly but when they have resources to spare, they need the intelligence to be able to target the problematic areas.

·

The Capital Camera Replacement Programme mentioned during the last meeting will start in May. CCTV will be added where needed for example in the corner if Bramfield Court.

·        Heating rate increase. Hackney will not recover the cost that has been lost up to now. Residents want to know how does Hackney make sure the gas they buy to run the central heating plant is at a competitive price.

·        On the 22 March there will be a communal walkabout for people to point out what they would like to see refreshed. Meet at 10am Vince Murrain Hall.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Hackney (DA)

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Re-issue the letter with the deadline and the information about the product

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Find the information and share it with residents regarding how they are making sure the gas they buy is at a competitive rate.uct.

3 Amendments to TRA constitution & new policies    
   

·        Amend details that are causing issues setting up a bank account

·        Sarah proposes that the updates to the constitution and the finance policy are approved and Jill seconds. No one objects.

·        New TRA Health & Safety policy introduced

New TRA Equality & diversity policy introduced

Questions are raised regarding point 5. of the GA sections: how can we make sure that we have a trained first aider at each event. Emley and Emilie already are, it is proposed that more people get the training.

·        Alice proposes that we accept the H&S and Equality & Diversity Policies Jill seconds. No one objects.

·        Andrew proposes that we put up a statement inviting different people form different backgrounds to join the committee.

 

 

Alice

Emley

 

 

 

 

TRA officers (1 or 2) to do their first aid training

4 TRA committee Update    
  Bank account & finances update

The process with NatWest is going well and should be completed before it would have been done with Santander.

 

Alice  
  Unit C plans

The wall should be built in June and funded by Ron’s team (Hackney Regeneration). Unit C will therefore need to close down for a bit at this point. The kitchen will be reduced in size for the Hackney Showroom’s office to be expanded.

There will be a group of scouts (boys and girls) for 4-5 year old using Unit C when it is ready.

By September the place should be ready to be used.

 

Emley/HS  
  Spacehive update

·        Current 177 backers & £4,233

·        Mayor has pledged £12,000!

·        Press release in next few days

·        Around £3,000 away from target now

·        A new leaflet will be created to continue the campaign. Counsellor Clare Potter is interested in getting some so she can distribute some.

 

Emley  
  Social media

Kings Crescent TRA now on social media – Instagram, Facebook & twitter – follow/like @KingsCrescentN4

 

Emley/Andrew  
  Feedback survey re community activities, ideas & needs

Source has received a few hard copies back and the survey- monkey online should be live tomorrow.

 

Source/Emley Put the link to the survey on the website.
5 Upcoming Community Events: Emley  
  21 March party

Hackney Showroom is organising it and Hackney is paying them directly. Hackney Showroom will be running the whole thing and clearing afterwards. Committee can then have tome to engage with residents.

 

   
  Beach trip? Other events?

To be discussed at the next committee meeting.

 

   
6 Any other business?

 

5-10 mins  
7 Dates of next meetings

21 April for committee officers only (and Clare Potter)

9 June for next ETRA meeting (General Meeting)

 

   
8 Social time

 

Remaining time  

Meeting closed at 9.45pm

 

Content prior to the meeting:

This quarterly meeting is a chance for Kings Crescent residents to come together to discuss ideas for community events, activities etc.

Hackney departments are also invited to these meeting to answer questions residents may have.

This meeting will be attended by the Regeneration team and New Build Team who can answer questions regarding ongoing snagging issues in the newer blocks e.g. slippy courtyards, faulty doors etc. Annette Reid also attends who is the Housing Officer for the older part of the estate and will soon inherit the management of the newer blocks from the ‘New Build Team’.

The TRA committee will also be giving some updates.

Any questions or suggestions for the meeting agenda please contact the TRA committee: kcresidentsgroup@outlook.com

We usually end with some drinks and social time to continue conversations or chat to neighbours.

Meeting Agenda

10 March 2020 7.00-9.00pm (including social time at the end)

 

  Agenda Item Suggested

Timing

Lead
1 Welcome and Introductions 5 mins Emley
2 Estate Issues & Questions (ETRA) 55 minutes
  Opportunity to ask Hackney about estate issues

·        Ron Greenwood & Bronwen Thomas from Hackney Regeneration Team to discuss ongoing unresolved issues with phase 1&2 e.g. slippery courtyards

·        New Build Team

·        Annette Reid Housing Officer for Kings Crescent

·        Siovhan Crombie – Resident Participation Support Officer

Hackney representatives
3 Amendments to TRA constitution & new policies 15 mins
  ·        Amend details that are causing issues setting up a bank account

·        New TRA Health & Safety policy

·        New TRA Equality & diversity policy

Alice

Emley

4 TRA committee Update 25 mins
  Bank account & finances update Alice
  Unit C plans Emley/HS
  Spacehive update Emley
  Social media Emley/Andrew
  Feedback survey re community activities, ideas & needs Source/Emley
5 Upcoming Community Events: 5-10mins
  21 March party
  Beach trip? Other events
6 Any other business? 5-10 mins
7 Dates of next meetings TBC
8 Social time Remaining time
Please follow and like us:

Details

Date:
March 10
Time:
7:00 pm - 8:30 pm
Event Category:
Event Tags:
, ,

Organiser

KC TRA Committee
Phone:
07926568497
Email:
kingscrescentn4@gmail.com
Website:
https://kingscrescent.org/

Venue

Hackney Showroom Space (Unit C)
Next to Wallington Court, Murrain Road
London, N4 2BN
+ Google Map