Loading Events

« All Events

  • This event has passed.

Residents Meeting 14 June

June 14, 2023 @ 7:00 pm - 8:30 pm

TRA Community Meeting


Kings Crescent Community Meeting

Hackney Showroom

Wednesday 14 June 2023



Emma Harrison (Hackney Council Resident Participation Team)

Shah Rahman (Hackney Council)

Nina Lyndon (Hackney Showroom),

12 residents (names removed for privacy)


Approval of minutes from previous meeting

JWM and KM proposed and seconded


Gardening group update

  • Have held two events – launch of growing season & bed clearing
  • Also been refreshing allotment plot allocation – there are now spare plots available
  • Trying to create community around gardening, sense of ownership of whole space
  • Will be holding social Thu 29 June
  • Council have handed over issues including all maintenance to us!!
  • Water tap not working (seems has been turned off from mains)

ACTION – Emma will raise the tap issue with colleagues


General update

  • Estate manager Anthony has left. Interviewing now for replacement.
  • In meantime, use neighborhoods email: neighbourhood@hackney.gov.uk
  • Alice can pass on any issues including mains water being turned off


Updating on community activities (Hackney Showroom)

  • Next event 29 July. Looking for helpers! 2 – 6pm so setting up any time from midday. 20% of stallholder takings going to Domestic Abuse charity
  • Have new outdoor stage
  • Regular programme of weekly/monthly events
  • No funding for childrens activities over summer hols so no events so far but Emma and Jill discussing one through Access to Sport

ACTION – Emma to pass details for Access to Sport on to Jill


  • Discussing possible ongoing working group for estate issues but Alice (discussing with Emma at council) not in firm position to give update
  • Emma needs buy-in from different teams but proposal is to have a representative from each team who’d give regular updates e.g. texts with link rather than meetings. Need housing officer in place to manage this and confirm.


Discussion of AGM & future of the Residents’ Association

  • TRA all volunteers so need to make sustainable
  • Alice explained TRA is voted in by estate residents at AGM.
  • Struggling to get enough people at meeting and on committee
  • Looking at our vision as TRA and how to make sustainable
  • Emma shared options for if we don’t have enough people to meet requirements of being a TRA.
  • Without registered TRA it’s much more difficult to spend fund money and won’t have voice or staff from council coming to meetings
  • Looking at 4 main meetings a year. Focus next year will be what we want future to look like
  • Even if people can’t be on committee, please come to the AGM (20 Sep)


Next phase of regeneration project



  • Youth Group – only Remi and Jill doing youth group. Remi might be leaving. Up to 15 children attend regularly plus some on waiting list. Anyone interested in helping to run, likely this will resume end Sep (Thursdays 4pm – 6pm).
  • Question about best platform to raise concerns about repairs in existing building. Emma thinks it’s contacting repairs

ACTION – Emma will check process and let us know.


Wednesday 14 June 2023


Hackney Showroom Space, 4 Murrain Road, N4 2BN


Time Item Lead
19:00 Welcome

Time for Refreshments

Chair of meeting (Alice)
19:15 Approval of minutes from 15 March Alice
19:20 Gardening update Sarah/Kathy/Ellie
19:30 Hackney Showroom update Nina
19:40 ETRA Update Emma Harrison (Resident Participation) & Alice
19:50 AGM/Future events update Emma (RP) & Alice
20:00 Next Phase of Regeneration project Jill/Kathy/Emley
20:10 AOB Alice
20:15 Close Alice





Additional information:


Please follow and like us:


June 14, 2023
7:00 pm - 8:30 pm
Event Category:


KC TRA Committee
View Organiser Website


Hackney Showroom Space
4 Murrain Road
London, N4 2BN United Kingdom
+ Google Map