- This event has passed.
Residents Meeting 14 June
June 14 @ 7:00 pm - 8:30 pm
TRA Community Meeting
Kings Crescent Community Meeting
Wednesday 14 June 2023
Emma Harrison (Hackney Council Resident Participation Team)
Shah Rahman (Hackney Council)
Nina Lyndon (Hackney Showroom),
12 residents (names removed for privacy)
Approval of minutes from previous meeting
JWM and KM proposed and seconded
Gardening group update
- Have held two events – launch of growing season & bed clearing
- Also been refreshing allotment plot allocation – there are now spare plots available
- Trying to create community around gardening, sense of ownership of whole space
- Will be holding social Thu 29 June
- Council have handed over issues including all maintenance to us!!
- Water tap not working (seems has been turned off from mains)
ACTION – Emma will raise the tap issue with colleagues
- Estate manager Anthony has left. Interviewing now for replacement.
- In meantime, use neighborhoods email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Alice can pass on any issues including mains water being turned off
Updating on community activities (Hackney Showroom)
- Next event 29 July. Looking for helpers! 2 – 6pm so setting up any time from midday. 20% of stallholder takings going to Domestic Abuse charity
- Have new outdoor stage
- Regular programme of weekly/monthly events
- No funding for childrens activities over summer hols so no events so far but Emma and Jill discussing one through Access to Sport
ACTION – Emma to pass details for Access to Sport on to Jill
- Discussing possible ongoing working group for estate issues but Alice (discussing with Emma at council) not in firm position to give update
- Emma needs buy-in from different teams but proposal is to have a representative from each team who’d give regular updates e.g. texts with link rather than meetings. Need housing officer in place to manage this and confirm.
Discussion of AGM & future of the Residents’ Association
- TRA all volunteers so need to make sustainable
- Alice explained TRA is voted in by estate residents at AGM.
- Struggling to get enough people at meeting and on committee
- Looking at our vision as TRA and how to make sustainable
- Emma shared options for if we don’t have enough people to meet requirements of being a TRA.
- Without registered TRA it’s much more difficult to spend fund money and won’t have voice or staff from council coming to meetings
- Looking at 4 main meetings a year. Focus next year will be what we want future to look like
- Even if people can’t be on committee, please come to the AGM (20 Sep)
Next phase of regeneration project
- Update from presentation – details of presentation can be seen here: https://kingscrescent.org/calendar/resident-steering-group-meeting-17-april-2023/
- Youth Group – only Remi and Jill doing youth group. Remi might be leaving. Up to 15 children attend regularly plus some on waiting list. Anyone interested in helping to run, likely this will resume end Sep (Thursdays 4pm – 6pm).
- Question about best platform to raise concerns about repairs in existing building. Emma thinks it’s contacting repairs
ACTION – Emma will check process and let us know.
Wednesday 14 June 2023
Hackney Showroom Space, 4 Murrain Road, N4 2BN
Time for Refreshments
|Chair of meeting (Alice)|
|19:15||Approval of minutes from 15 March||Alice|
|19:30||Hackney Showroom update||Nina|
|19:40||ETRA Update||Emma Harrison (Resident Participation) & Alice|
|19:50||AGM/Future events update||Emma (RP) & Alice|
|20:00||Next Phase of Regeneration project||Jill/Kathy/Emley|
- See https://kingscrescent.org/ for details of upcoming events and minutes of previous meetings.
- To get in touch with the committee: Email KingsCrescentN4@gmail.com call/text/WhatsApp 07925668497, Social Media: @KingsCrescentN4
- Join (e)mailing list: http://eepurl.com/g-NGbD