- This event has passed.
December Residents Group Meeting
December 6, 2018 @ 7:00 pm - 8:30 pm
The supported residents group meets every 3 months. All residents are welcome to attend.
Come along to meet your neighbours, find out about events happening on Kings Crescent, make plans for social events and to discuss any issues you are having.
(See minutes from the September meeting to see what has been happening before)
Minutes of Supported Residents Group Meeting – 6th December 2018 (kindly minuted by Sarah Hulcoop)
The meeting was chaired by Simon from LBH in place of Oliur (Simon will be the new permanent resident participation support officer for Kings Cresent)
Attendance – approx. 20 residents attended.
Feedback from previous meeting
- Parking issues: More parking enforcement was taking place, which should reduce the cars parked wrongly on the estate and create more space. Residents commented that they were still concerned by the lack of parking, in particular that they can no longer purchase visitors permits for on the estate. The situation will get worse when the building work starts up.
- Extra bike parking hoops: work will continue to fit these
- Pigeons: a letter has gone out asking people not to feed pigeons. The newbuild team have not completed their investigations into options yet. Carol will email the team for an update.
Activities on the estate
- Wheely tots was piloted during the summer and is now being evaluated. LBH would welcome any feedback.
- Zumba and pilates will be starting on Wednesday 9th January. This will be a 12-week trial so needs to be well attended! Cost of £2 per session:
- 7-8pm Zumba
- 8-9pm Pilates
Post-Christmas party in January
Residents discussed options. A Saturday afternoon / evening in late January was suggested. Simon will decide on a date.
Ideas of bring-and-share food reflecting different cultures, a quiz or bingo as an activity to help break the ice and help people to mingle, some music for dancing. A number of people were willing to help organise this – Emley, David, Andrew, Sarah, Emilie.
AGM / creation of a Tenants and Residents Association (TRA)
Discussion was had on how to move forward with setting up a TRA.
- Some residents were disappointed that this had been postponed at the last meeting and the AGM / election not held.
- However, others felt this was to give newer residents to the group an opportunity to understand the roles and have time to consider getting involved.
- There was general agreement that the group would be best chaired be a resident of the estate.
- Carol said training had been promised by LBH.
- Residents agreed it would be very helpful to have input from young people on the estate
- It would also be good to encourage other residents to attend the Group meetings, perhaps by better advertising / emphasising that the group could give people a powerful voice on the estate and to liaise with LBH and others
- Simon proposed that at the next meeting (March) some training could be offered (perhaps after the main meeting) for those interested in a committee role, with the committee being elected at the June meeting.
Time and dates of meetings
Residents discussed the best times and days for meetings, but agreed that was no time that would suit everyone. 7pm seemed a good time to stick with. The next meetings would be on the first Thursday of the month, in March and June.
Simon would fix dates and these would be advertised.
**If anyone is interested in getting involved with planning the party and/or becoming a member of the residents committee please get in touch via the feedback function at the top of the page**