Loading Events

« All Events

  • This event has passed.

ETRA meeting October 2021

October 12, 2021 @ 7:00 pm - 8:30 pm

This ‘Enhanced Tenants & Residents Association’ (ETRA) ‘meeting is a chance for residents to speak to Hackney representatives about issues on the estate e.g. cleaning, repairs, antisocial behaviour.

ETRA meetings happen on a quarterly basis in January, April, July & October

Minutes

In attendance: William Owen (WO) Project Officer Regeneration (LBHackney)
  John Morris Consultant at Source Partnership/ Independent Resident Advisor
  Clare Potter (CP) Councillor Brownswood Ward
  Deborah Noel (DN) ASB Manager for the North of Hackney
  10 residents  
Apologies: Bianca Rembrandt (BR) Community Safety & Principal Enforcement Officer
  Annette Reid (AR)

 

3 residents

Housing Officer for Kings Crescent Estate (LBHackney)

 

 

 

 

Agenda Item Lead Actions
1 Welcome, Introductions & Apologies

 

   
  ·       Approval of minutes from last ETRA meeting (July 2021)

Approved by: Emilie

Seconded by: David

 

Emley (TRA Chair)  
2 General Estate Concerns    
  ·       ASB & CCTV –  DB – has accumulated issues through FB one of the issues that was raised was about the CCTV, Residents having issues getting access to CCTV footage. He feels that as we pay for this service we should be able to have access to it.  Bikes stolen was captured on CCTV – DB has spoken directly to Bianca Rembrandt (LBH) she will deal with non-residents, the ASB department (Deborah Noel) will deal with resident ASB. Housing Officer Annette Reid will deal with some ASB.  Details again given on who to contact within these teams.  Cllr Potter (CP) – explained that CCTV team do have many queries which can make it difficult to get answers.  Will Owen has offered to break down list of contacts.

·       Waste management – bin collection, size of waste areas – DB has picked up some complaints about waste management, he explained a problem in Wallington/Kimpton rubbish bins are becoming full of the course of the week and are only cleared once a week.  Rubbish collectors are leaving rubbish on floors and are not clearing up. JWM raised an issue with flies in her property, other residents are having the same issue -Estate Wide problem.  WO explained because the issues raised are various it will involve several teams involved.  HC asked if bins can be cleared more regularly, WO has stated that this would not happen.  Menekse raised issue with cleaning of bin chambers. WO take issues back to HC Cleanining Estate Dept.

·       Bollard issues & no entry signs for play street – missing bollard will be replaced on play street. No entry signs a temp solution is being looked at, finding a long term solution

·       Hackney Digital skills update – no Update

 

Various Hackney Representatives

 

 

 

 

 

 

Will Owen to compile list of key contacts to share with TRA

 

 

 

 

WO/EP to share information about Hackney waste collection & recycling with residents

 

WO to find out about how often bin chambers are cleaned

3 Kings Crescent South    
  Blocks: Bramfield, Theobalds, Datchworth, Weston Court and general estate management

·       Update on action points from last meeting

·       Ants in Bramfield/Theobalds – No update

(Annette was not available for the meeting today so no updates given)

Annette Reid Housing Officer

 

 
4 Kings Crescent North    
  Blocks: Lemsford, Sandon, Kimpton, Wallington, Radwell, Therfield, Barley, Chipping, Redbourn, Kelshall, Ardeley, Rushden, Widford

·       Update on list of all defects handed over from Higgins to LBH

o   Broken main doors – New hinges have been installed. Ardleley court door still broken.

o   Slippery patches of courtyard remain unresolved – Still unresolved.  Higgins came and resealed, but it hasn’t been as successful as LBH hoped. There will be a walk-around on 14.09.21. to find a long term solution. Resident in Lemsford Crt has complained about water dripping outside her property, from properties above her.

o   Bikes/scooters still getting stolen – Residents to contact police, CCTV and ASB teams

o   Update on lift issues – overheating issues still continue. New lift contractors have made progress but work ongoing.

o   Smoke vent lights – No update

o   Cracks in windows, windows slam shut in wind, balcony doors affected by wind – TRA to ask residents if they have had any more issues with cracks in window panes……..

o   Ventilation system issues (in flats) – Council tenants (LBH) are responsible.  If leaseholder, they need to do a survey and report to Higgins who are responsible.

o   Update on heating system, faulty meters, new pricing – AM asked has there been a survey across the social housing stock to find out if this is a wider issue.  Energy efficiency – Subcontractor DAVLOs will be coming to survey.  Pricing issues have been delayed but should be resolved soon.

·       Discuss best way to proceed with resolving issues – suggested need for group of affected leaseholders to collaborate with social tenants to gather data on what the issues are to present to Higgins. LBH are responsible for social tenants flat so can support with those but not with individual leasehold properties.

·       Allotment Courtyard – new suggestion to remove metal structures from ‘fruit maze’ area but leave plants in place – LBH due to have a meeting – no response.  No update.  EP re-raised the issues that were spoken about at previous ETRA.

 

Will Owen  Project Officer Regeneration (Hackney)

 

Energy Team

 

 

 

 

 

 

DB to follow up with WO to get updates.

 

 

DB to continue to collate data on issues in new blocks

 

WO to update on results of monitoring heating systems

 

EP to follow up on allotment courtyard ‘fruit maze’ plans

 

5 Service Charges Update    
  ·       Actuals show increase from estimate despite concerns with residents not getting what they pay for – No update or statement. JM to be contacted directly regarding this issue. MR has suggested that we need to look at how we can minimise the costs.  Concerns that if things that aren’t repaired in the first instance this will then become recharged back to the leaseholders and residents.

 

Will to present statement from Judith Morrison WO/EP/DB to follow up with Judith Morrison
6 Update from Source Partnership    
  ·       Update from John/Carol – Steering group requires a refresh- source are going to try and recruit new residents.  JR suggested that issues that have arisen from phase 1 & 2 could be brought to the table as a lessons learnt item as this would be valuable. Source Partnership  
7 Any other business?  N/A Emley (TRA Chair)  
8 Dates of next meetings & close –

·       24th October raising monies for Breast Cancer.

·       26th Oct – Africa 54:60 Theatre show about a man’s journey on visiting every country in Africa

·       Last Saturday of month Family Fun Morning

·       Community Meeting on 11th December

·       ETRA 12.01.22.

·       Half-Term art project for children  – Run by Andrew – Gentleness the little Giant – continuation of project piloted during lockdown.

Emley (TRA Chair)  

Previous information

These meetings will be resuming in person – Hackney Showroom Space 4 Murrain Road N4 2BN

(We will attempt to have remote access but technology is not guarenteed to work!! Zoom link to attend remotely can be requested by emailing kingscrescentn4@gmail.com before 6.45pm on the day)

 

AGENDA

  Agenda Item Suggested

Timing

 

Lead
1 Welcome, Introductions & Apologies 5 mins Emley (TRA Chair)
  ·        Approval of minutes from last ETRA meeting (July 2021)

 

2 General Estate Concerns
  ·        ASB & CCTV

·        Waste management – bin collection, size of waste areas

·        Bollard issues & no entry signs for play street

·        Hackney Digital skills update

 

20 mins Various Hackney Representatives

 

3 Kings Crescent South
  Blocks: Bramfield, Theobalds, Datchworth, Weston Court and general estate management

·        Update on action points from last meeting

·        Ants in Bramfield/Theobalds

 

10 mins Annette Reid Housing Officer

 

4 Kings Crescent North
  Blocks: Lemsford, Sandon, Kimpton, Wallington, Radwell, Therfield, Barley, Chipping, Redbourn, Kelshall, Ardeley, Rushden, Widford

·        Update on list of all defects handed over from Higgins to LBH

o   Broken main doors

o   Slippery patches of courtyard remain unresolved

o   Bikes/scooters still getting stolen

o   Update on lift issues

o   Smoke vent lights

o   Cracks in windows, windows slam shut in wind, balcony doors affected by wind

o   Ventilation system issues (in flats)

o   Update on heating system, faulty meters, new pricing

·        Discuss best way to proceed with resolving issues

·        Allotment Courtyard – new suggestion to remove metal structures from ‘fruit maze’ area but leave plants in place

 

30 mins Will Owen  Project Officer Regeneration (Hackney)

 

Energy Team

 

 

5 Service Charges Update
  ·        Actuals show increase from estimate despite concerns with residents not getting what they pay for

 

5 mins Will to present statement from Judith Morrison
6 Update from Source Partnership
  ·        Update from John/Carol 5 mins Source Partnership
7 Any other business?

 

5mins Emley (TRA Chair)
8 Dates of next meetings & close

 

5 mins Emley (TRA Chair)

To add items to the agenda please email kingscrescentn4@gmail.com by midday on Tuesday 5 October

Please follow and like us:

Details

Date:
October 12, 2021
Time:
7:00 pm - 8:30 pm
Event Category:
Event Tags:
, , ,

Venue

Hackney Showroom Space
4 Murrain Road
London, N4 2BN United Kingdom
+ Google Map

Organiser

KC TRA Committee
Phone:
07926568497
Email:
kingscrescentn4@gmail.com
Website:
https://kingscrescent.org/